FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
12/19/09 Devin and Dan, early 20's
Late Saturday night at the grocery store everyone seemed to be buying beer, liquor, and party snacks. Devin and Dan were an obviously gay couple, and I got their attention and a few laughs with the million dollar bill tracts. I told them I'm from a church nearby and pointed out the million-dollar question on the back asking if they thought they will go to heaven. Dan did the speaking for them, and told me he is Catholic but doesn't go to church because he is always working. He believes in God, but didn't seem to have thought much about eternal things. I spoke of the Ten Commandments and our accountability before God. They both seemed very cautious, not sure where this was going and I believe just waiting for a judgmental comment about their gay lifestyle. But the Ten Commandments are universal; we all stand condemned before them including Devin and Dan without reference to their lifestyle. I believe had I done so it would have given them permission to see themselves as the victims of a judgmental world rather than sinners in need of salvation. I told them I was telling them all this because this life is just a flash in the pan compared to eternity, and they need to take it seriously. Their reaction and body language made me think my time to speak with them was limited and that I was wearing out my welcome. I believe this was enough to challenge them with for now; I'm hoping God will take it from there.

No comments: