FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
12/20/09 Sandy, 20
At the laundromat I spoke to Sandy who works at the dry-cleaning counter. She is Catholic and believed herself good enough to go to heaven. I went through a few of the Ten Commandments which helped her personalize the fact that she has broken God's commands and deserves His wrath as a liar, a thief, a blasphemer, and a murderer and adulterer at heart. She knew herself to be guilty before God and I explained that just as a good judge won't accept bribes, God won't overlook our sin when we try to "bribe" Him with our good behavior. I asked if she was concerned about this and she was, but she shrugged her shoulders and said "It's in God's hands. What can I do about it?" I tried to explain by using the analogy of a courtroom in which Sandy is fined more than she could ever pay for breaking the law. Someone she doesn't know offers to pay her fine for her. Would she accept this gift on her behalf or get thrown in jail for life instead? "I couldn't allow someone to pay my fine for me, I'd take the punishment myself!" Sandy was reasoning that the right thing to do would be to take responsibility for her actions, but I said "the fine has already been paid for you as a gift. Its too late to undo". "Well, I would take it then" replied Sandy. "And that's what Jesus did on your behalf and mine on the cross". Sandy had to get back to work, but I could tell this made a lot of sense to her and I believe she will read the info I gave her.

No comments: