FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
01/02/10 Anthony, about 25
At Chicago's south loop Target I asked several people sitting at tables in the cafe area if they had a few minutes to answer some opinion questions. They all turned me down and I really didn't feel bad because, after all, maybe they really didn't have a few minutes. I headed over to the books/music department where shoppers tend to be in less of a hurry and initiated a conversation with Anthony. He had grown up Catholic and attended Catholic High School, but said he has no interest in religion. "How can we know anything for sure, and if there is a God, I'll take my chances." "Would you say you are a good person?" I asked.  "Oh I'm a VERY good person" he replied.  I couldn't believe how blatantly he emphasized the "VERY", and he wasn't kidding about this. He explained that he is just naturally good, and doesn't think he needs to worry about any thoughts of heaven or hell. He sees it as selfish to ask questions like this. When I asked about a few commandments, he admitted to breaking them but cut me short - "I've heard all this before, and I think you are wasting your time. If there is a God, I'm willing to take my chances with him, whoever he is."

No comments: