FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
1/18/10 Arturo, 24
At a grocery store I met Arturo, dressed hip hop/thug style, and as I found out later, grocery shopping with his mother. He laughed when I gave him a million dollar tract, and was very positive when I asked questions about his beliefs in God and eternal life. Does he believe he will go to heaven? "I'll take my chances." As a child Arturo attended a Baptist church in Indiana which has a busing ministry bringing hundreds of Chicago neighborhood kids to church every week. He seemed to have a good understanding of the Gospel and believes it to be true, yet does not believe himself to be "saved". "Why not?" "I'm not ready to make that decision" he said, adding "This world is just too unpredictable" He seemed to think that he is too young to make such a big decision and basically wants to enjoy the pleasures of sin for now, putting off repentance and faith until he is older. I reminded him that that tomorrow is not promised, now is the day of salvation, and that his heart will only grow harder and more calloused to the truth the longer he waits. Arturo took this advice well and seemed sincere in thanking me for stopping to talk to him.

Hebrews 3:12-14 See to it, brothers, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness. We have come to share in Christ if we hold firmly till the end the confidence we had at first.

No comments: