FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
/20/09 Ron, about 25
Today I met with Tony, from church, and we went to the grocery store on a fishing trip. Jesus said he would make us "fishers of men" and so we went. Today was unusual because I talked to about 10 people before being able to engage in a longer conversation. Usually, one of the first few people are willing to talk further. I use the million dollar bill tracts as conversation starters, and after giving one out to a fellow shopper I would say something like "This makes a great collectors item, and it also has a great question on the back - 'Will you go to heaven?' - with a good person test. Would you say you are a good person?" Most people say they are and I would often add "Well, I failed it myself. Its harder than you think but maybe you'll do better than me!" This brings a laugh and usually I can go on to a good conversation, but today most people seemed to be in a hurry to get on with their shopping. The good thing is they have a gospel message in their hands and hopefully the curiosity to check it out. We finally talked to Ron, who responded well to the biblical truths of law and grace, and has some business with God to attend to.

No comments: