FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
2/13/10 Tony and friend, both about 30
It was a nice sunny afternoon for a jog, and I took some miilion dollar tracts along to start a conversation. When I came upon Tony and his friend talking near a streetcorner I stopped, fumbling to get off my gloves, sunglasses and earbuds, and to get out the tracts, dropping some things in the process. I guess I could have listened to that voice in my head saying "You bumbling idiot, give it up!" but I'm learning not to. I'm learning that usually the rest of the world is just busy going about its business and couldn't care less about what I am doing, one way or another. As I got myself together I could hear these two talking and laughing about some recent esapades in Las Vegas. Finally I looked up, smiled, made eye contact, and waited for a break in their conversation. They stopped talking and had a good laugh when I gave them the million dollar tracts with Obama on them. We talked a bit about the federal budget deficit, and when Tony started looking at the questions on the back of the tract I told them I'm from a nearby church and asked how they would do on the "good person test" on the tracts. Tony had grown up in the Greek Orthodox Church, and for the last 6 months has been reading a chapter of the Bible daily. We talked about various commandments and what it means to truly follow them. Tony helped me out, explaining some of the things he had read in his Bible to his friend: "Do you know that not only are we not supposed to have sex outside of marriage, we aren't even supposed to think about it?" He was referring to Jesus' teaching not to look with lust upon a woman. Suddenly, Tony's friend just left without warning, with Tony soon following. I think he was starting to feel convicted. I didn't share the good news of Jesus, but my hope is that God's laws helped prepare their hearts so that when the "seed" of God's truth does come to their lives, it will fall on good soil and grow to produce a harvest.

No comments: