So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith. Galatians 3:24

I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ. Philemon 1:6

FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
2/24/10 Khalid, Salah,    early 30's
After my Bible study at church this evening I stopped at Dunkin Donuts where I met Khalid and Salah, two brothers from Morocco who were enjoying a cup of coffee on their way home from their jobs at a pastry factory. I spent some time getting to know them and their backgrounds before asking questions about their religious beliefs and practices. They are Muslims, but not devout, and grew up around Christian and Jewish neighbors in Morocco. Khalid in particular seemed adamant that all religions worship the same God. I used the Ten Commandments to help them realize their guilt in breaking God's laws and to explain that we all deserve God's righteous wrath. They believe God should forgive them simply for being sorry about their sins but I explained how God's perfect holiness demands perfect justice, and how only a perfect sacrifice would be an acceptable substitute in our place. I didn't try to convince them of Jesus' divine nature directly; instead I tried to convince them of our need for such a Saviour as this. Though not devoutly religious Muslims, it is still the basis of their culture and their worldview, so I know what I shared today was a lot for them to contemplate. Nonetheless, they were very grateful that I stopped to talk.

No comments: