FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
2/5/10 Carlos, 18
Today I had a unique opportunity to talk to a young man after he had read a Gospel tract and had time to think about the implications it had for his life. I had noticed he was reading a Bible, Revelations, and asked if that was his favorite book of the Bible. "Oh it's the only part of the Bible I will read, I don't trust the other parts. They leave too much out." He complained that various scandal theories about Jesus' life were purposely left out. I half-kidded him, saying "You watch too much Discovery Channel!" and gave him a "Why Christianity" booklet that shows how among the world religions only Christianity solves the problem of sin which keeps us from a right relationship with God. He read it for a while and came over to me to hand it back - "I think I would choose Buddhism" "Why is that?" He explained that Buddhism offers eternal life without judgment. I asked "If there is a judgment day how would you do?" "I would be punished in hell" "Why do you say that?" "Because I'm not willing to give up my sinful ways" We talked quite a while about that, and it turned out that he simply is not willing to repent of his sexually immoral lifestyle. I appreciated his honesty. Most people use some sort of intellectual smokescreen to hide the fact that they are simply unwilling to repent of sin. Carlos is honest enough to face up to it. He's halfway there. "Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness"  - 2 Timothy 2:19

No comments: