FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
2/7/10 Shavondo, 18
At Burger King a young man was finishing his dinner so I asked if he had a minute for a few survey type questions. "I'm from a church nearby, and I ask random people about their beliefs so I can better understand where they are coming from". He agreed, and I asked a variety of questions, not stuck on an evangelistic  "script" of any sort but in response to his answers. Shavando's (spelling?) family stopped attending church after his first communion at age 15 when his younger sister was born. "Do you believe in God?" "Sometimes I do, but I have a lot of doubts" "Do you ever talk about things like the meaning of life with your friends?" "Only with my older brother, like after we watch shows on the Discovery Channel. They always make us curious" What would God have to do to get your attention, to make you stop doubting Him? Shavando honestly didn't know. He did feel like he had experienced small miracles in his life, but then again maybe they were just coincidences. Eventually I asked about eternity and how he would be judged if what the Bible says about God is all true. At first he believed he would go to heaven simply because he believes in God but I reminded him that "even demons believe" (James 2:19) We spent quite a while talking about the Ten Commandments and why God would be just in punishing us for breaking them. After about a half hour, Shavando needed to meet a friend and was running late, so I gave him a Gospel summary and my contact and church info. He was clearly thankful for the conversation.

No comments: