FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
2/8/10 Brentin and Reggie, both late 20's
I picked up Tony, a fishing buddy from church, and we headed to a south loop grocery store to fish for someone to share the gospel with. We had two good conversations, both with men who have been attending non-denominational Bible churches and yet trust in their good works for salvation with no real evidence of repentance. I'll tell about Reggie, who referred to his attendance at a large, well known Bible church when asked about his salvation. I tried a different approach - "I'm sure your church wants you to share your faith. What would you tell me if I asked what I must do to be saved?" Reggie was clearly baffled by this question. "Well, you got to read the Word, and believe, and spread the good news" "So if I do those things, I'll go to heaven?" "Pretty much" he said. "I'm sure your church teaches about Jesus."  "Oh, all the time" "What was His purpose, why did he come?" "To die for us" So if we could be good enough to deserve heaven, then Jesus died for no reason? "I think He died for other reasons too." I explained about sin and salvation by grace as well as I could, referring to Ephesians 2:8-9 but Reggie still refused to be accountable for his sin: "We all make 'mistakes', you just gotta do what you gotta do" These conversations sure gave Tony and I some people to pray for, as well as a deeper appreciation for the gospel truths we have received only by the grace of God.

No comments: