FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
3/22/10 Luis  20
Late evening at the grocery store, I used MDB tracts to try to begin conversations. I talked briefly with about 6 people before being able to start a longer conversation. Half were unwilling to talk about religion, and the other half were simply too busy but at least I was able to give them all something to read later along with a curious challenge to "take the good person test - I failed it, its harder than it seems." They all said they'd read it later. Finally, I met Luis who is a Catholic who very clearly trusts that he will be good enough for heaven. As we talked it became very obvious that he hasn't bothered to think much about the things of God. He has felt no need to, a least before today, because he feels he is religious enough for God.  I shared about God's law and grace, and Luis just kept agreeing with everything I said without asking any questions.  He seemed to appreciate all I said, yet was overwhelmed by it all at the same time.  I left feeling like I may have been the first person to clearly explain the Gospel to him, and I hope I'm not the last.

No comments: