FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
3/23/10 Ed, Matt, early 20's
Walking down the sidewalk, I arrived at an intersection along with two guys just as the light turned red. I had about a minute to engage them in conversation, so I said "Hey, I have an interesting question for you" "What about?" "What do you think happens after this life? What's on the other side?" They basically said they didn't know or care, that in a million years it wouldn't matter. I asked "Is it possible that we might continue to exist? And if it is, no matter how long we live our life will be very brief compared to eternity so it would be wise to think about it now right?" This got them thinking, and when the light changed to green, they stayed to talk further. I talked mainly with Ed, and our conversation lasted through many more stoplight cycles as we discussed some of his wild theories about God (an energy source) the Bible (a government conspiracy to control people) and salvation (believes the Bible says one must have 100 percent faith or they will be sent to hell) I was able to provide logical responses to these claims before their friends called and they had to move on. Before they left they asked about my church, just a few blocks away. Maybe someday they'll darken our doorway.

No comments: