FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
3/26/10 Travis about 30
It was a bright and sunny but cold on the sidewalk as I came across a man (Travis) walking his dog and greeted him warmly. "Say, I have an interesting question for you if you have a minute." "Sure, what's it about?" "Well, I'm kind of religious and I wonder if you have any spiritual beliefs." "Well, yeah I just got married in a religious ceremony, and was confirmed in a Methodist Church." I asked if he believed in God, heaven and hell, and eternal life. "Well, I sure hope so." We talked for a while about God's existence, and Travis wondered how I felt about conflicts between science and the Bible. I told him I felt that the mere fact of creation shows that there is a creator, because matter and energy can't create themselves, and that the Bible wasn't intended to be a science book. But I do think God could have created the earth already in process, with, for example, the light from stars billions of light years away already streaming toward us when they were created. Travis had to get his dog in before some children walked by, so I gave him a well-written booklet on Christianity to read, and he asked about my church before he left, saying he was looking for a church in the neighborhood.

No comments: