FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
4/05/10 Dionte, 21
A busy workday and losing my car keys made it very easy to be "in the flesh" rather than in the Spirit. In that state I arrived to my neighborhood, thinking about the short time I had to witness before I needed to pick up Hannah from soccer practice, but there were literally thousands of White Sox fans partying after an opening day win at Cellular field, all in a totally different mindset than myself. Where do I begin? Who should I talk to? What does it mean to be led by the Spirit on a daily basis? Witnessing daily is difficult because of the transitions in thinking I have to go through to take time to listen and minister to whomever God puts before me, but its the only way I know to practice being available to be used by God at a moment's notice. I sat down at McDonalds and got to know Dionte, an obviously gay young man who had some great insights about eternal things but hadn't pursued them, believing himself to be a positive and naturally happy person who can always turn bad vibes around for good. We talked about a half hour, during which I was able to share the bad news of his sin and accountability to God through exposure to the Ten Commandments. I appreciate that I didn't need to personally confront Dionte (or his partner, who showed up later and took an interest in our conversation) about his lifestyle; his conscience and God's Commandments did that for me. We both had to leave but I told Dionte "I've shared the bad news, but I want you to read about the good news", and he gladly took the additional info I had for him.

No comments: