FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
4/16/10 K.J., about 35
On my way home after work I stopped at a park near a commuter parking area. K.J. had just taken the El from downtown and was getting in his car when I gave him a MDB tract and told him about the "good person test" on the back. "Well, I'm a social worker so don't think in terms of absolutes" was his reply. I also have a social work background so this started a good conversation about our experiences and motivations in social work. When we returned to spiritual topics K.J. told me he believes there is some truth in all religions and that he participates in a Buddism-based community group which meets regularly for "enlightened" conversations. I could tell that talk of sin and warnings of God's wrath and judgment would be very shocking for K.J.; so instead of using the good person questions to help him see his personal guilt before a holy God, I applied these questions to myself and shared the Gospel through my own experiences. I ended by pointing out that most religions teach that we can receive some sort of reward for being "good people", but Jesus died to save sinners like myself. I told K.J. - "Instead of going through life wondering what I HAVE to do to be "good enough" for God, I get up in the morning and ask God what good thing do I GET to do for God to thank Him for what He's done for me. It's a whole different way of living!" K.J. said "I can see it is, just in your enthusiasm."

No comments: