FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
4/21/10 Jerry, 74
I arrived early to my Wednesday Bible study at church and went for a walk around the neighborhood. A friend, Greg, introduced me to his friend Jerry on as they hung out on his porch. When Jerry found out I go to the church nearby he said something to the effect that "Heaven don't want me and Hell is afraid I'll take over." He is a lifelong Catholic but when I asked about his beliefs he told me he doesn't believe in God or eternal life. After some friendly conversation and putting up with some of his off-color jokes, I asked how he would do if he were to find out there is indeed a God whom he will be accountable to. Jerry never did get serious, joking and denying his way through my "good person" questions about how well he has obeyed the Ten Commandments, but I continued on despite his need to joke about everything. I know that somewhere behind that "good ole boy" exterior is a soul that must acknowledge the fact that what I told him could just be true after all.

No comments: