FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
4/27/10 Tony, Stephan, Joseph (college students)
Today I brought Martin, (a relatively young believer and youth leader at our church) to the student center on the campus at IIT to begin a Gospel conversation or two. I asked some young men at a table if I could ask them a few questions. One spied a New Testament I had and excitedly said "We're Christians too!" Tony is from a Chicago church; Stephan is a Christian from Slovakia, and Joseph is a new believer from India. I did my best to make sure their faith is grounded in Jesus Christ; to encourage them in their discipleship efforts; and to share my experiences with the "law & grace" approach to evangelism (helping people feel their need for a right relationship with God through exposure to God's standard - the Ten Commandments - before sharing faith in Jesus as the way to that right relationship.) Stephan commented "You know in all my time here in America you're the first person who has tried to tell me about Jesus." What a wonderful opportunity we have in our own neighborhood to share Christ with international students who can bring their faith in Jesus back to their home country, and I am thankful for the ministry these guys are involved in that does just that. Before leaving I prayed with them for God's blessing upon their lives and ministry. Martin's reaction? "I guess when we go out to witness we need to be ready for any way God might want to use us." Amen brother!

No comments: