FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
4/6/10 Kwamee, Pat, Don all 30 something
Outside Starbucks, I sat down to talk to Kwamee who had that hardened look that comes from running the streets. With his permission, I asked about his beliefs and without hesitation he told me he is a Christian, but further questions revealed he has a low opinion or knowledge of God and a very high opinion of himself, believing God owes him forgiveness because he is a good person compared to others. He couldn't remember any of the Ten Commandments, but when I began to ask about them he soon admitted he is a liar and a thief. His girlfriend (Pat) arrived and he told her "Hey we're having a God talk!" Pat joined in the conversation, and Kwamee went on to admit he is a blasphemer and a murderer and adulterer at heart. Then Don arrived, who is even more of a "player/street hustler" type, and Kwamee put him through the same "good person test" I had given him. All three were interested in my explanation of God's judgment and justice, but when I went on to explain God's forgiveness and grace through faith in Christ I was suddenly battling sirens from ambulances driving by, the roar of the nearby el trains, cell phone rings and conversations, people driving by yelling at us while we talked, and the short attention span of these three friends. It took a lot of hard work to keep this conversation on track, and I just pray the message got through.

No comments: