FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
4/8/10 Ana, about 20, and Merlodia, about 55
While waiting to meet a friend at Dunkin' Donuts I asked Ana, an employee on her break if I could ask about her beliefs. She believes in God but doesn't like to think about what comes after this life, but an older lady, Merlodia, (spelling?) at the next table overheard our conversation and joined in. I found I could get the same message across to Ana by carrying on my conversation with Merlodia. Eventually Ana had to get back to work so I continued a good discussion with Merlodia. However I found that Merlodia was yet another person I've talked to in the last few days who didn't respond well to my usual line of reasoning about our accountability to God, our judgment and our guilt. I wasn't sure if this was due to language difficulties (she's from Mexico) or if she was just avoiding these subjects either on purpose or subconsciously. Then I switched from asking about her sin, which she seemed well aware of, to talking about my own sinfulness and sharing my personal testimony of how God has worked in my life. This she responded well to, and I eventually found out that life has become very complicated for her with multiple men and fathers of her children and grandchildren that she isn't even sure are hers. I tried my best to reinforce the faint hope she has in forgiveness through faith in Christ, and prayed with her for God's blessing upon her life.

No comments: