FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
5/14/10 John, about 60
As I left a Lowe's Home store I noticed an older black taxi driver parked next to me so I used a MDB tract to start a gospel conversation. When I asked if he had any spiritual beliefs, he became emphatic "Oh I know there's a God. How else could we exist? A lot of people say WE are god, but that crazy". John said he has been a lifelong churchgoer yet when I asked later how he can be sure of heaven, his trust was in his good deeds: " I've done so many things right. I have 8 kids and 16 grandchildren, and I try to give them a solid foundation." Much later, after I had established his guilt in breaking God's commandments, John maintained his goodness, dismissing and trivializing his sin by saying "Nobody's perfect" and "Everybody sins, its just natural". I tried a different approach, drawing on his church background: "What do they say about Jesus in your church? Why did He come?" "To save the world, I guess" "So if you are good enough for heaven, you wouldn't need to be saved, right? He answered "You know, the Bible is full of contradictions. It's just a man-made book anyway" We talked some more but John couldn't bring himself to admit his sin and need for salvation. He got a call from his dispatcher for a pickup, so he concluded by saying "You know, we need more people like you. White people I mean. So many of them hate us but I appreciate what you're trying to do." This might have been a nice compliment but it was also a smokescreen to get away from the topic of John's sin and need for repentance.

No comments: