FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
5/16/10 Jason, about 30
I brought my daughter Hannah, 16, to the IIT campus to witness, and we met an IIT graduate (Jason, his American name) with a Ph'd in mathematics studying at a picnic table and asked if he would answer some of my questions about his spiritual beliefs. He warned us that he has no religious beliefs or interest, but he graciously answered my questions anyway. He said he had rejected any ideas about God a long time ago as a student in China and now his only interest is working with numbers. I tried different arguments for the existence of God, but to no avail. He seemed not at all impressed by various ideas about God's infinite existence since as a mathematician he deals with ideas about infinite all the time. Unlike so many atheists, Jason was closed to any possibility at all that God could exist, which made it hard to share the Gospel with him on a "what if it IS true basis." Instead I shared why I, as a Christian, am so concerned that other people receive Christ. I compared it to having the cure for cancer - what kind of person would I be if I didn't tell others about it? In so doing I was able to briefly share how Jesus is the cure for the cancer of sin in our lives. As we walked back to the car I told Hannah that I believe Jason is being sincere and true to his logic - he is truly convinced that there is no God, but this strong belief had developed over years of rejecting God and replacing Him with alternative beliefs. As a result he seems totally calloused to the things of God, but my prayer is that God isn't through with him yet.

No comments: