FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
5/2/10 Sergio, Cordell, 17
Two gangbangers, a wannabe friend and a girlfriend were sitting talking on a park bench, away from the distractions and drama of the street corners so I went over to find out about their beliefs. They all said they believe in God and were confident that they would go to heaven when they die - one because he is a good person, one because he prays and asks for forgiveness every night, and two said they say the rosary every night and don't really think that hell exists anyway. I told them that the Bible teaches there is a day of judgment after we die and we will be held accountable to God, and I challenged them to take my "good person test" to see how they'd do, which Sergio volunteered for. First I asked how many of the Ten Commandments he knew (2) and then just for fun I asked how many brands of beer he knew (13). Just asking about five of the Ten Commandments found Sergio to be a liar, thief, blasphemer, and a murderer and adulterer at heart. Is he guilty? "Yes". What would his punishment be? "I'd still go to heaven" By this time, two of the four had drifted away to answer cell calls or whatever, and Sergio and Cordell weren't quite sure what they should do with this adult who didn't water down the harsh truths of God's judgment. They said they needed to catch up with their friends. I wanted to run after them and tell them the good news of Jesus but they weren't ready to hear it.

No comments: