FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
5/23/10 Sergio. about 40
I brought my son early to church this morning and had some extra time on my hands so I went out to see what sort of conversation the Lord would allow me to have. Half a block from church a middle aged Latino man seemed to be waiting for something on the corner, so I asked if he had a few minutes to answer a few questions. He did, and we went on to an interesting 20 minute conversation. Sergio grew up in a Catholic church but has long since stopped attending. A few months ago he had a conversation about God with a young lady who impressed him with her sincere faith. He has been reading the Bible she gave him and has attended a few more Bible-based churches and was impressed with the sincere worship he witnessed, yet the strange thing about him today is that although he said he believes in God, he doesn't believe there is life after death. Why? "Because there is no evidence of it." I pointed out that there is no direct "evidence" for God either, yet he believes in Him. This really seemed to get Sergio's attention, and he wanted to hear what the Bible has to say about eternal life. By the end of our conversation, Sergio was all smiles, thanking me for taking the time to talk and telling me he would read what I gave him. He was running late to meet someone and had to get going, and for me church was just starting.

No comments: