FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
5/26/10 Rachel, about 24
My son, Sammy (16) missed his youth group Bible study tonight but when I asked if he'd like to go with me on a witnessing outing he said "That can be my Bible study!" I believe in learning by doing, so I think that was a great idea. At a downtown mall we happened upon a young lady (Rachel) who was obviously a body-builder with huge tattoos on her muscular arms. She told us she is from a small Bible-belt town and has become an agnostic because of all the in-fighting between the churches and pastors there. She still believes in God but rejects organized religion and doubts that Jesus is the Son of God. I explained to her the "Lord, Liar or Lunatic" argument (if Jesus is not who He said he was, then He must be lying or crazy) Rachel was very familiar with the idea that one cannot earn salvation, yet believes she will go to heaven despite her sins. I told her that while it is true that God loves people, He also loves justice (Psalms 33:5 for example) and if Jesus is merely a prophet then his sacrifice couldn't pay for our sins. On our way home, Sammy and I wondered if Rachel truly can't believe as a result of disunity between Christians, or if this is just a sort of smokescreen to hide the real reason.

No comments: