FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
5/4/10 "Guy", about 35
Who says a witnessing conversation has to take a long time? I didn't feel well today and am not up for a long conversation so I kept them short while grocery shopping with my son. Here's how one went, nearly word for word: Greeting a fellow shopper with a smile I said "How you doin'? I have something for you today" and gave the guy (I didn't get his name) a Million Dollar Bill tract. While he's laughing at this I said "It's a great collector's item but it's also a Gospel tract, and it has what I call a "Good person test" on the back. Are you a good person?" "Oh definitely" he says so I asked if he has a church background. "Yes I go to church" he told me. "So you believe in God and that you'll go to heaven right?" Oh yes, of course" he said. "Well I just want to be sure I'll see you there one day so I hope you don't mind my asking, but how can you be sure you'll go to heaven?" "Well no one can be sure..." "Well, what do you believe in, what is your faith in?" Well I believe that if I'm a good person with a good heart, I'll go to heaven" was his answer. I told him, "Well, I have one last hard question for you - If you could go to heaven by being a good person, then what did Jesus die for?" He replied "Now that IS a good question" He thought for a while about it and with some prompting from me finally said that Jesus died for our sins. "Well I just want to give you a friendly reminder today to put your faith in Jesus, not in being a good person, okay brother?" "Okay, thanks" as we shook hands to leave. Total time for a quick reminder that could possibly have eternal value? Probably less than a minute.

No comments: