FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
6/11/10 Reed, about 20
Today at the park after work I ran into a punk rock group from Denver. They had just arrived in Chicago and set up their equipment at a nearby nightclub. They were quite a sight with all their leather, piercings and body art. I gave all six of them million dollar bill tracts, explaining that there is a gospel message on the back and said "I've talked to a lot of people but never a punk rock band. So do you guys have any kind of spiritual beliefs?" One of them bared his chest with a large tattoo all the way across that said something about God and said " I don't know about the rest of the group but I believe in God. I go to a church called "Scum of the Earth" Another guy (Reed) spoke up saying "Well, I don't believe in God. Don't get me wrong, people can believe what they want, but I just think the whole idea of God is just very old-fashioned." We went on to talk for over a half hour, with the rest of the band listening for most of the time. Reed had obviously been to many Bible studies and had wrestled with the idea of a God he would be accountable to before deciding to deny His existence. My question - "Is it at all possible that God does exist?" was answered by Reed with a firm "No way" before he realized that he was showing that he had a very closed mind in front of his friends. Reed had a lot of good questions - though none I haven't heard before - and the rest of our conversation was filled with reasoning about the implications involved if God does indeed exist. My experiences have prepared me for a conversation such as this and I had good answers for all his questions, but I'd be a fool to say that anything but the Holy Spirit can bring Reed or his friends to salvation.

No comments: