FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
6/26/10 David, 50
Today I met with Paul, one of our church elders who speaks several languages, and we walked near his house to share the gospel. I spoke with a man having his lunch on a park bench (David) and as it turned out he only speaks Spanish. I am only learning Spanish and don't feel I can adequately share the Gospel yet so i was content to leave a Spanish gospel tract with him, but Paul forged on even though Spanish isn't one of his best languages. At first David told us he prays to Mary, mother of Jesus. I began to read him the Gospel tract in Spanish and David took over, reading it out loud to us. He would pause to say "moy importante!" - very important - and we went on to stress repentance of sin and faith in Jesus. I gave him a Spanish New Testament and David was very happy, leafing through it and reading out loud different passages. We gave him several key passages to read and he eagerly wrote them down to read later. The conversation took a lot of work, and I need to be ready to do this hard work if I am to communicate the gospel in Spanish. (I must also learn to stop ruling out approaching people just because they look like they might only be able to speak Spanish) I thank Paul for setting a good example for me in "doing the work of an evangelist." (2 Timothy 4:5)

No comments: