FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
6/27/10 David, about 25
Outside Cellular Field during a Cubs-Sox game Jake (from church) and I ran into a heavily tattooed and rather intimidating looking young man who was enjoying a smoke. He even had the word "HATE" tattooed in large letters on his neck, but as is so often the case with people like this who try to look fierce I found him to be much more friendly than his outward demeanor would suggest. I asked about the tattoo on his neck and he sort of dismissed it, saying he had been "going through some stuff" but was now pretty much over it. We went on to have a rather typical conversation in which David told us he believes that God would find him to be a good person, worthy of heaven. He said "I've done some minor things wrong, but nothing major that I should go to hell for". I brought him through the "good person" questions based on some of the 10 Commandments and David began to see how he would be judged according to God's standards, but when I asked what he thought the verdict would be he said "Well, as long as I can forgive myself, that's what's important." I went on to explain how God's perfect justice demands punishment for sin, but how in His love He gave his Son to take that punishment for all who turn to Him in repentance and faith. David listened intently to all this and took some church info saying he'd like to check it out further.

No comments: