FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
6/29/10 Mike, 25
While I waited for my bus for an out of state trip near Chicago's Union Station, I spoke to a young man (Mike) who was reading a newspaper. Though well dressed and groomed I later found out he was homeless. His general attitude toward God seemed to be one of humility - he knows he has sinned and needs God's forgiveness. He has struggled with drugs and alcohol and is now unemployed. He said "I'm 25, and look at me - I've messed up my life". I went on to explain his need for God because of his sin - though he was sorry for "messing up his life" he didn't necessarily see his sin as an offense against God - and I told him as best as I could about the good news of Jesus. We talked for 20 minutes and he seemed like he was following everything I said but towards the end I asked "Does all this make sense?" "No, not really" he said. I had to catch my bus, so I really couldn't explain anything else. It seemed like he knows he needs Jesus, but doesn't really know why. I left him with some info to read and trust the Holy Spirit to continue to work in Mike's heart.

No comments: