FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
6/6/10 Daniel, about 50
Being intentional about witnessing means I need to plan ahead on busy days, so when I brought my son early to church for his worship practice I took the opportunity to find someone to share the Gospel with before church started. At a nearby park I found an older Latino man who had time to talk, but I soon found out he didn't know any English. I've been learning Spanish for such a time as this, so although I have a lot to learn I did the best I could. Danny told me he has lived near our church for 30 years and for 28 of those years he's been a heavy drinker. Two years ago his wife told him she would leave him if he continued to drink, so he stopped. He is Catholic and when I asked if he will go to heaven he told me he prays to "Our Lady of Guadalupe" (Mary). He was patient with me as I tried to explain that our trust needs to be in Jesus alone for forgiveness of our sins. After a while I came to the end of my ability to explain the Gospel in Spanish and felt pretty frustrated knowing I was falling short, so I went back to my car and got a Spanish Gospel tract. Daniel told me he can't read, but he listened with interest as I read it to him. I felt kind of foolish because I didn't understand much of what I was reading, but Daniel kept nodding that he understood. This all gives new urgency to my Spanish studies!

No comments: