FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
7/5/10 Ray, about 45
At the gas station the bald guy on the other side of the gas pump (Ray) looked expressionless in his dark sunglasses. Is he friendly? Mean? Will he ridicule me or react violently if I ask about his spiritual beliefs? Does he even speak English? Well there's only one way to find out, so I went over and began a conversation with a million dollar bill gospel tract. Ray welcomed my questions and admitted he had been involved in an evangelical church, even serving on the worship team, but has long since fallen away from church involvement or Bible reading. Why? "I guess I've just been distracted by everything else in life - my work, my family. It's so easy to get too busy." I asked some questions about ray's beliefs and initially found that he relies on his good works for salvation - until I reminded him of the work of Christ on the cross and then he easily proclaimed faith in Jesus. I reminded him to keep a focus on the things and people of God and not allow the distractions of life to take over. Whether Ray is a true follower of Jesus or not I believe he was greatly encouraged by our conversation.

No comments: