FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
7/10/10     Steve     about 30
After our church's "men's breakfast" and a message on the importance of sacrifice, I asked who would like to sacrifice a half hour of their Saturday to help me share the gospel with someone before heading home. Cory volunteered, so we headed to a nearby park and found a young man (Steve) walking his dog. Steve gave me the classic line "Of course I'm going to heaven, I'm a good person!" so I asked him "Well you know you're not perfect, right?" "Yeah, no one is" "So the real question is 'how good is good enough?" Steve laughed, "That IS a good question!" I asked "What kind of people would go to hell?" "Murderers, rapists, child molestors" he said. "Well do you mind if I give you a short 'good person' test?" Steve was curious so began to ask how well he had kept various commandments. He didn't like the way this was going and began to excuse himself from the conversation, so I switched to a less confrontational "personal testimony" approach, and was able to share more about God's gift of salvation in Jesus. Steve took more info to read, saying "You've given me a lot to think about".

No comments: