FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
7/25/10    Angel      about 20
Whose responsibility is it to initiate a gospel conversation? Should Christians wait until people approach us or should we take the inititiative in reaching out to the lost? Today a biker approached me on the path, full speed, sunglasses on, earbuds in. Not a good candidate for a conversation it would seem. I told him loudly "The path is flooded up ahead" (it was) and as he slowed down said "Hey, I have a question for you" He stopped and took off the earbuds. "What's up?"  I asked "If you could know the answer for sure, what would be the most important question to you?" He probably thought I was doing some sort of survey - "I really don't know, it really depends on what's important to me I guess" he said. Angel is focused on succeeding in business. He sells nutrition products, having turned his life around from gangbanging and dropping out of high school, losing 50 pounds, moving to California for two years to escape the gang, getting his high school diploma finally and now completing his first year in college. I told Angel, "It sounds like you are thinking of your future, and that's good, but what about your eternal future? Angel had given up on his family church and wondered if God even exists, but was open to the idea. I shared the whole counsel of God, both law and grace, and I believe Angel understood it, but just on an intellectual level. Near the end of our conversation Angel promoted the nutrition products he sells. I don't believe a sinner newly convinced he needs salvation would do that, but I do believe God is working in Angel's life.

No comments: