FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
7/27/10 Stacy and Donna,  30 and 50
I stopped at a park bench where an African-American grandmother (Donna) sat with her daughter (Stacy) and 2 year old granddaughter. "Did you get one of these?" I asked as I gave them "million dollar bill" gospel tracts. They laughed in surprise as I explained that these are gospel tracts with the million dollar question - "will you go to heaven" and has "good person questions." based on the Ten Commandments, which I myself have failed to follow. Just then my cell phone rang. I had forgotten to turn on the silent alarm before my witnessing conversations today. Stacy and Donna continued to read while I talked on the phone, so afterward I asked how they had done. "Better than you" Stacy said, a little defensively. They both believe they are good people. They are churchgoers who know about Jesus so I asked, "Did Jesus die for bad people or good people?" They didn't know, so I said "If you could go to heaven by being a good enough person, why would Jesus die on the cross for you? I just want to give you a friendly reminder that none of us are good enough - we need to put our faith in Jesus alone for salvation." This made sense to both of them, and they said they would read the tract again as I left, a little less defensively this time I believe.

No comments: