FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
8/2/10    Jonathan,    17
I met a young man (Jonathan) on the sidewalk and got his attention by telling him I had an interesting question for him: "What do you think comes next after we check out of this life. Do you think there is more out there or do we just turn into worm food?" Jonathan said he had a lot of ideas about this but no way to be sure which one was true. I asked "If you had your choice, which do you hope would be true?" He said he hopes there is a heaven, because he wants to be with his family. At this point I found out a little about Jonathan, that he has dropped out of two high schools because of behavior problems and has vague hopes of joining the job corps and the army. His family has no church affiliation and he had no knowledge of the Bible. I told him the Bible teaches that there is a day of judgment after we die and asked how he thinks he would be judged: "Well, I never killed anyone so I think I'd do okay." I gave him some questions based on the Ten Commandments and he saw himself, possibly for the first time, through the mirror of God''s law. I explained why a holy God will and must punish sin. Jonathan seemed truly concerned about this and wanted to hear about how he could be saved from the consequences of his sins. After I told about salvation through faith in Jesus he excitedly told me that just yesterday a stranger had told him on the sidewalk that he needed to be saved. I shared my testimony in becoming a Christian and what it has been like to walk with Jesus, challenging him to begin a right relationship with God and to get back in school as one way to live for the Lord.

No comments: