FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
8/6/10     Ramiro,  about 25
The city park near the greyhound station in Laredo, TX was filled with a mixture of homeless people, street hustlers and genuine bus travelors.  I gave out some Spanish gospel tracts and shared what I could of the gospel in Spanish  with several people.  One young man (Ramiro) could speak some broken English and appeared to me to fit in the "street hustler" category.  My questions about eternity  caught his attention and I think he was no longer just sizing me up as an easy victim.  I looked him in the eyes and told him I wanted to see him in heaven one day, and he smiled but said he thought he would go to hell for all the bad he has done.  He then quickly turned the attention from himself, asking if I believe in reincarnation.  I couldn't really get him to talk about it much more than this, but he seemed glad I had talked with him and sincerely warned us about some of the dangers of traveling as a tourist in Mexico.  Our trip turned out to be very safe nonetheless, but I took his warning as a sign that he appreciated my efforts to help him know the way of salvation.

No comments: