FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
9/12/10    Vincent,   about 40
After church I went with Brad out to share the Gospel at a nearby park. Brad is relatively new to our church, and I enjoyed getting to know him between several shorter conversations with people. One short conversation was with Vincent, a middle-aged African American man who said he believes in God and comes from a Baptist background. He said he believes in heaven but not hell, and that when unbelievers die they just wander around like ghosts here on earth. I asked if he reads his Bible much and he admitted that he does not, so I told him that in the Bible Jesus speaks more about the realities of heaven and hell than anyone, and He warned that "wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." (Matthew 7:13-14)  Vincent said, "I'm late for a meeting, but tell me where your church is, I'd like to check it out next Sunday." I pray that this "seed" we planted won't end up among thorns, where "the worries of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth and the desires for other things come in and choke the word, making it unfruitful." (Matthew 4:18-22)  
           As we left I noticed a man with a long ponytail, carrying a pizza, and the back of his t-shirt read "Christians to the Lions". I didn't know what the front said but I was curious, so I hurried to catch up to him and asked "Excuse me, but I'd like to ask about your shirt" Without looking back he said "I don't want to talk about 'spit'! Get away from me!" I write this to say that reactions like this are very few and far between, especially in situations where people have some time to talk, and besides, the devil might tell me I've been rejected, but in reality how could this man reject me? He doesn't even know me!

No comments: