FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
9/14/10   Martin, about 35
When a person sets a goal they know that to meet that goal will often involve sacrifice and planning ahead. One of my goals is to share the gospel every day. Today I knew that I would be busy after work and this evening, so during my break I went to a nearby Dunkin' Donuts for some coffee and conversation. Inside I saw a middle-aged man sitting near a booth of giggling high school girls who seemed to be watching me for some reason. It wasn't easy, because there's always that fear of rejection, but I went over to ask the man (Martin) if he would be willing to answer some interesting questions. He said he couldn't speak English very well so I asked if I could practice my Spanish, and he agreed. Why I, a 48 year old man, would worry about embarrassment in front of a bunch of high school girls now sounds silly but I was very glad he agreed to talk. It turned out that he is taking English classes and his English is much better than my Spanish. We went on to a good conversation in which he taught me much about Spanish, and I was able to share the Gospel with him in both Spanish and English. Martin grew up Catholic in Mexico, but hasn't read the Bible since his catechism classes and now only attends church for special occasions. I also gave him a Spanish New Testament and invited him to church. The faith he has is based on having been told at some point that God forgives "good people" for their imperfections, and as long as he avoids serious sins, he will go to heaven. Exposure to the Ten Commandments helped him see his guilt, and sharing the good news of Jesus helped him see God's love and mercy.

No comments: