FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
9/2/10 Mike, 22

After work today Marcus, a brother in the Lord, and I went out to share the Gospel. We ran into a young man on the sidewalk, Mike, who told us he has been "saved" most of his life and attends a well-known evangelical church in our area. He talked the talk of the church subculture but I have run into too many church people who are false converts, so I had to ask a few key questions as to what he truly puts his faith in. Mike has attended a biblically sound church for years, been involved in its youth group, came from a Christian family, and even has brother who is now the youth pastor. I asked him what it means to be "saved" and he said "Well I haven't been saved lately. I don't think there's anything wrong with drinking and smoking and having fun with sex. Everyone at church does it, but at least I'm honest about it." He looks at others from church as hypocrites. He no longer reads the Bible, having stopped after his mother passed away and going through a time of being angry at God. I asked him specific questions about the Ten Commandments, and though he knew his guilt he felt like he would still go to heaven because he believes himself to be a good person who gives money to beggars and helps his friends and believes in God. We talked quite a while and I asked him not to take his salvation for granted, because based on what he had told me, I don't believe he is saved. "Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves..." 2 Corinthians 13:5

No comments: