FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
9/29/10      Jose. Alberto,       about 30, 45
I went to the park on this beautiful sunny afternoon, hoping to practice some Spanish while sharing the gospel. Of the four people I approached for a conversation, two spoke English but politely declined to talk about religion. The other two only spoke Spanish so I got the practice I had hoped for. An older man, Jose, was resting in the shade by his bike. He is a traditional Catholic and very curious about my church and what I believe. In particular, he wanted to know what I thought about Mary, the mother of Jesus. I shared how we all have sinned, that no one is perfect except Jesus, and that we can't trust in good works to save us. He seemed to be getting a little annoyed, either from my poor Spanish or differing beliefs, so I decided to leave before I wore out my welcome, hoping he'll still read the Spanish gospel tract I gave him. Then I met Alberto at the playground, watching his two kids. He grew up Catholic but now believes like many people that our souls are nothing but energy and will simply join into God's energy when we die. So many people have told me they believe this so I wondered where he got his beliefs from, but he said he came up with it on his own. He had to leave to pick up an older child from school, but wanted to come back to continue the conversation. I told him I needed to go to my own son's soccer game, but I asked "Do you believe it's at all possible that what the Bible is true?" He was open minded enough to agree that its possible, so on that note I gave him more info to read.     

PS  Today is my 365th post! ...although the first few months I would post multiple stories at once.  Just the same this seems like a milestone to praise God for!  I've learned a lot about evangelism, the Bible, myself, the church, and especially about human nature in this whole process.  But I feel I've only scratched the surface and the Lord has so much more to teach me!

No comments: