FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
10/29/10    Armando,    32
I struck up a conversation at the park with a jogger named Armando who was warming up before a run. He is learning Engllish and I am learning Spanish and our conversation was a strange mix of both. He seemed more confident of understanding my English. However, when I would ask questions for feedback to make sure he understood it was at times comical what he thought I was talking about. This was also partly because he is new to the gospel, even though he had grown up Catholic. When we started to talk he didn't think he believed in God at all but he really warmed up to the idea. He quickly fell into the idea of being "good enough" for heaven, then worried that his weekend drinking habit would disqualify him, which began a whole other conversation. I'm so glad for the chance to have a "conversation" rather than just doing a "presentation".as it allows me to make sure people are tracking with me and the gospel. Having a goal of one conversation per day - rather than many all at once - gives me the time to be patient enough to listen and make sure people understand what they are hearing.

No comments: