FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
10/4/10    Rob,   about 25
After work I met up with Nolan, a longtime brother in Christ, and we headed for a nearby park where we found several African Ameriican men fishing at the park lagoon. I gave them "million dollar bill" gospel tracts which led to a conversation with one of them named Rob while Nolan spoke with his Uncle Sam (no pun intended!) Rob put a lot of faith in the fact that he attends his aunt and uncle's church and is descended from a grandfather who was a pastor. Even more recently, just last week he was approached by two Jehovah's Witnesses who talked with him and convinced him to pray with them for salvation. They posed with him for a picture and told him to remember that day as the day he was saved. Of course I am aware of the false teachings of the Jehovah's Witnesses, with their works based salvation and distorted version of the Bible which blatantly hides the deity of Christ, but I wasn't sure if Rob saw a difference either way. I asked him what all this meant to him, and he really had no idea other than the idea that "Jesus died for my sins." I knew he could easily fail to remember much of what I said also, so I tried to keep it simple, encouraging him in his faith in Christ but warning him about the false teachings of the Jehovah's Witnesses that say we must add our good works to faith in order to be saved. I suspect that one reason many Christians don't witness is because they don't want to be associated with false teachers like the Jehovah's Witnesses, but I believe just the opposite: - we know they are out there and we need to do something about it!

1 comment:

paulzickus said...

I remember a time when I had a couple of friends who were Jehovahs Witnesses and in my ignorance at the time I believed that they 'had it together'. Now I realize how misguided they were. One is dead and I lost track of the other but I wish I could talk to them now.