FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
11/12/10     Andy, 17
While out for a jog I crossed the street to talk to a young man walking down the sidewalk. I told him I'm from a nearby church and asked if he would answer a few questions. He was guarded at first, but warmed up to the conversation and asked me a few questions after he realized I was truly listening to his answers and not just forcing my opinions on him. Andy said he doubts God's existence but has some friends and family members, mostly Catholic, trying to convince him to believe. I felt led - hopefully by the Holy Spirit - to emphasize two points: 1.) That as a young person who may or may not have his whole life before him, the more he rejects faith in God the harder it will be to have faith as he grows older, for his heart will become calloused; and 2.) We talked a lot about how to read the Bible and what to look for, and I emphasized that if he wants to know what God is like, he should look to the life and teachings of Jesus, the image of the invisible God. Andy cheerfully received my advice and concern as I looked him in the eye and told him "I want to see you in heaven one day". I truly hope we all will.

No comments: