FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
11/18/10 Ashim, about 25
After attending a wake for the grandmother of one of her students, Anne (my wife) and I stopped by the IIT student center, where I struck up a witnessing conversation with Ashim, an electrical engineering grad student from India. He had grown up in a Muslim home but has also looked into Hinduism and Christianity and now considers himself an agnostic. He said he was content to take a "wait and see" approach to religion, so I talked about the importance of taking eternity seriously. I pointed out that Ashim is spending a lot of time preparing for his career of some 30 or 40 years, but what is he doing in preparation for eternity? He graciously listened to my typical law and grace gospel message, which I believe explains things pretty clearly, but in the end he said, "You know, we're looking for the same thing. You've found it, but I'm still looking". This is just another reminder for me not to trust in my own efforts, but that the battle belongs to the Lord. (2 Chronicles 20:15)

No comments: