FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
11/23/10    Steve,    about 30
On my way home after work I stopped at a Burger King and found an Asian man named Steven, enjoying his food and listening to music on his earbuds. He took them off to answer my questions, and I found out he is a musician and music producer, whose self-proclaimed purpose for existence is to exercise his creativity in music. He has no interest or belief in spiritual things or any sort of afterlife. If unbelievers could be put on a scale of 1 to 10, I feel like Steve would be at a "1" because of his apathy and dismissal of the things of God, so I felt that I needed to focus just on God's existence. To try to take him further down the scale - to talk about sin and judgment for example - would have shut down the conversation and given Steve an excuse to continue in unbelief. This is not always the case with people like this, but I just felt strongly that this was all the further I could take him. I talked about how if God exists, as our creator and the maker of physical laws He would be outside the realm of scientific knowledge and impossible for us to discover on our own. We can only know Him by what He chooses to reveal about himself, through his creation but also through others. "Who knows, maybe God sent me here to talk to you today, to let you know that He exists and cares about you". Limiting a conversation like this can and should make me question whether it was the right thing to do - was it limited by the Holy Spirit or the devil?

No comments: