FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
12/13/10      Shaun, 30
Today Nolan (from church) and I "fished" while he picked up some groceries. As we gave out MDB gospel tracts and engaged in short conversations in the marketplace it truly felt like fishing, because one never knows when someone who is very hungry spiritually will "bite" at the chance to talk about their relationship with the Lord, leading to a much longer conversation and the chance to proclaim Jesus to a heart ready to receive Him. Besides the fear factor, for me the second biggest difficulty in witnessing is just putting aside my busy agenda to focus on someone else, especially a stranger. But the way I see it, if someone really does want to talk about spiritual truths, no matter how busy I am it should be worth giving them some of my time and energy. Unfortunately, no one seemed to want that longer conversation today. I talked with Shaun the longest. He feels that since he hasn't died yet there is no way of knowing what happens next after this life so I talked some about how we can't know about God unless He reveals Himself to us, and he has done just that in the Bible. "No, I haven't seen God or heaven myself, but I can tell you what the Bible says about Him" - which is what I did.

No comments: