FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
2/4/11 Will, about 45
Does a person have to know the details of the digestion process in order to benefit from eating? Likewise, does a man need to understand the details of the cross and atonement for his sins in order to benefit from trusting Jesus? I asked this of myself today after talking to Will, a man I met while handing out million-dollar gospel tracts at a laundromat. Will was glad to tell how he had become a Christian in 2004 while attending a well-known Chicago-area church. Over the years and even as recently as just a few months ago he has had vivid dreams about Satan and God fighting for his soul, and he seems to most closely relate to stories of Jesus casting out demons when he reads the Bible. Will clearly trusts his soul to Jesus in these struggles, and for salvation as well. Yet when I asked about the meaning of the cross and Jesus' death and resurrection, Will confessed he had no idea what it was all about. I tried my best to explain, but it seemed like Will had a hard time holding different thoughts in his mind long enough to put them all together to get the big picture. I thank God for Will's simple, childlike faith in Jesus and encouraged him to keep attending church and to read his Biible regularly.

No comments: