FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
2/8/11 Nicole, early 20's
At a Dunkin' Donuts I asked an attractive young lady if she had time to answer a few questions. She had seen me sharing my faith with Robert, a young man at a table near hers and she probably overheard some of what I had said so I believe she knew I wasn't just some creepy older man trying to pick her up. She said she was waiting for a cab and about to leave, but when I gave her a million dollar gospel tract and told her about the questions about heaven on the back, it caught her interest and she asked what church I go to. It turned out that she has been attending my multi-site church at another location, as well as another well-known non-denominational church in Chicago. She had grown up Catholic but started attending evangelical churches with friends after leaving home. Since she now sees herself as a Christian I asked what she would have told me if I had asked her how one can be sure of eternal life. "I would have no idea" she said. "So many of my friends act religious at church but don't live it out the rest of the week. I can't judge them because I'm not perfect either. Sometimes I feel guilty for every little mistake I make and other times I feel like God forgives everything so it doesn't matter how I act. My boyfriend and I wonder about this a lot" She didn't mention anything about Jesus - hers was clearly a works-based religion - so I went on to tell her about the right relationship we can have with God through repentance and faith in Christ. Before leaving I prayed for her and her boyfriend, that God will answer their questions and grant them the faith that brings eternal life.

No comments: