FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
3/10/11 April,   24
A young lady at Starbucks working on her laptop agreed to answer my questions. She had a strict church upbringing, and says she is a strong believer, though she hasn’t been involved in church throughout college and now in graduate school. “I just get too busy with school” she said. After we talked a while I asked about her beliefs about eternal life, heaven and hell. She hesitated, not sure if she really believes they exist. Yet when I asked later why she believes she would go to heaven if it does exist, she was quick to talk about her trust in Jesus for forgiveness of her sins. She talked further and seemed to have some solid biblical theology about Jesus, but can a person have saving faith in Jesus if they don’t really believe in eternal life? How does that work? What kind of Jesus does she believe in? I think her strict church upbringing may have given her some biblical teaching and the right words to say, but her busy college studies without continued Bible teaching and fellowship have left her confused. I encouraged her to get involved in a church fellowship and asked how I could pray for her. She became very thoughtful, her eyes welling with tears, but didn’t seem to want to talk about any particular problems so I just prayed for her church involvement, her family, and for God’s blessings on her life.

No comments: