FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
3/20/11 Juan, about 30
Even a routine errand to the auto parts store can be an adventure with the Lord! I handed a MDB gospel tract to another customer (Juan) as we left the store, explaining what the questions on the back were about. “Do you ever think about eternal things, what will happen after we die?” I asked. Juan said he didn’t and I really felt from the way he answered that he wasn’t trying to avoid these kind of questions but was really just caught up in the busy-ness of day to day life. I talked about this for some time – the fact that in a million years our short time here in this life will seem like the snap of fingers; that when we do face our own death we will feel the same way (as happened to me a few years ago when I thought I was about to be accidently killed); that we aren’t guaranteed our next breath and could die at anytime (as happen just two days ago to a church family member): how all the things that seem so important to us now will seem trivial to us then much like the difference in view from the runway of the airport and the view minutes later from 20,000 feet up; and how our problems and various forms of entertainment keep us safely away from thinking about such things. Juan agreed that he really did need to take eternal concerns seriously and was very attentive as I shared the bad and goods news of the gospel, both law and grace. I believe the way we frame the gospel at the start of a witnessing conversation – putting it in the context of eternity – can be a real key in getting the attention of pre-believers.

No comments: